Table Top, Housewares, Gifts, Furniture & Luggage
Sold thru Multiple Channels of Distribution
- President of Dansk International Designs
- Improved Operating Profits by over $5M in five years
- Successfully re-positioned the Dansk brand in the Tabletop Market with the number one new product launch in the Casual Dinnerware Market as measured by NPD for two years in a row.
- Tripled sales of Dansk in the Wholesale Market by re-entering traditional Department Stores such as Bloomingdales and Macy’s in combination with developing new relationships with specialty retailers such as Pottery Barn, and Crate and Barrel to develop co-Branded or exclusive products.
- International business expansion into Japan, Great Britain and Italy.
- Expanded the reach of Dansk successfully entering the Housewares and Giftware businesses.
- Recruited by the Chairman of the Board of Brown-Forman to develop a strategic plan and execute a turn-around plan for Hartmann Inc. after a sharp decline in sales and profits.
- Steered the Company through the difficult years that followed 9/11, with an operating profit improvement of over $6M from 2001 to 2007.
- Broadened the potential reach of Hartmann by developing Co-Branded projects with Vera Wang Licensing LLC, Brooks Brothers and Michael Aram.
- Partnered with Brown-Forman, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in the successful sale of Hartmann Inc. Developed Confidential Memorandum, led six management presentations, handled due diligence requests, Transition Services Agreement; post-sale established Hartmann as free-standing Corporation.
- Developed a world-wide supply chain for both finished goods and raw materials to reduce costs and supplement U.S. production. Moved labor intensive finished goods to China, Mexico, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic to reduce costs by over $1M.
- Reduced total operating expenses by over 20% to improve profitability. Eliminated management layers to reduce expenses and improve communication and feedback to key customers and suppliers.
- COO of this privately held Contemporary Home Furnishings that deliver an extraordinary combination of style, engineering and value.
- Developed the strategic plan which reversed two years of declining sales and profits while transitioning from a Founder/Visionary led enterprise to a more professionally managed and metric driven company.
- Expanded into the Home Office Category increasing sales by over $4M.